Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another Update

On Friday I had another appointment with Dhyana, my home birth midwife. Both she and Josh and I were at her office early (we were her only appointment that day), so she took us right in... and spent an hour and a half with us. I LOVE it that she cares enough to take the time to get to know us as people and not just as patients. We had a really nice conversation, and my checkup went well. Jude's heartbeat was 144 bpm, and I think I actually lost a pound (or two) since my last appointment with Shelley, my other midwife. Dhyana asked me to compile a list of what I eat every day for three days. She also encouraged me to keep walking and seemed pleased to hear about how much I'm working out on a daily basis.

The only downside to the appointment was that Dhyana recommended that I stay with Shelley for complementary pre-natal appointments just in case I change my mind at the last minute. I understand her reasoning... being that she's already committed to another woman who is due at the same time I am, I may have to travel to her (Dhyana's) house for my birthing time. I'm more than okay with that, but I think she's a bit fearful that I'll change my mind at the last minute. Staying with Shelley means that Mercy will have all of my records, and I'll be up-to-date with her and with the OB. Overall, I'm okay with it... I just don't want to have to deal with Shelley's old hag of a nurse at my next appointment. Oh... the big upside to Friday's appointment? It turns out that Dhyana has a birthing tub that she rents out to her expecting moms! So, now Josh and I are considering a water home birth! Woo hooo!!!

Yesterday, Josh and I finished up our baby registries. It was a lot of fun, but also very tiring. On top of that (and this might be TMI for some of our readers), we spent at least an hour bra shopping (for me, not him *smile*). It was very, very frustrating, but in the end, I found a bra I like and that fits. Apparently, my rib cage (much like my ginormus thighs) is expanding at the speed of light, whereas my cup size... well, not so much. In short, bra makers don't readily make bras in the size I'm in right now. I either have to go up a cup size (I'm in between two sizes) and down by two inches, or keep the inches correct and deal with a bra that can fit boobs the size of my head in each cup. Fun. I don't know which is worse... trying to find a bra at this funny in-between time in my pregnancy, or trying to find pants that fit my tree-trunk thighs at any time, pregnant or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I think you are nuts about your thighs woman, but the bra thing had me giggling. *grin*

-Jamie