Sunday, August 12, 2007

... 2007 and other things

During the first week of August, a bunch of our friends gathered from all over the country (and then some) at Big Bass Lake in Gouldsborough, PA. Josh, Jude, and I made day trips to the lakehouse everyday... we had a really fantastic time. Our friends started vacationing together three years ago. This was the first time Josh and I were able to join them. I'm really looking forward to next year, and Jude is looking forward to seeing his friends Matthew and Gracie again.

In other news, I got a job! Two jobs, actually. I'm going back to Marywood to supervise the computer labs for 15 hours/week. I'm really excited because my boss has said that it's fine for me to bring Jude to work with me! Then, three afternoons a week I'll be working at our chiropractor's office answering the phones and scheduling appointments. I'm really excited to be going to work for Dr. Jennifer. She's amazing, her practice is amazing, and this is the kind of work I want to be doing. Anyway... me being gone for 3.5 hours three days a week means that I had to start pumping this past week. Sadly, Jude has thus far refused a bottle. (Truth be told, I'm actually really happy that he didn't take right to it... I need to feel needed.) We're going to try again tonight and over the rest of the weekend. Hopefully he'll come around and let his father feed him. If he won't take a bottle, we're going to try a cup/sippy cup/syringe... all those things. If he won't take anything, I'll just tank him up on the boob before I leave for work and hope it can make it through (and really, he should be able to... he sleeps for 4-5 hours at night without waking up to eat now).

Sorry it's so long between updates!

No comments: