Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yesterday was a great day for Jude and I. We spend the morning lazing around and then took a drive up to La Tonelteca to hang out with the Bader-Saye family for a bit. After a short nap later in the afternoon, we went to Peacemeal to worship and have dinner. It was a really nice day.

Today has been pretty cool so far as well. I woke up this morning to a really nice email from my grandpa and decided to call him and see if he wanted to go out for breakfast with Jude and I. He did, so we picked him up and went to Abe's for their fantastic breakfast special. Abe's is a kosher Jewish deli. My grandfather had never been there before so, I was explaining the little I know about kosher law to him. At the end of the lesson, Pop asked jokingly asked me if he had to wear a yarmulke. I laughed and said no. Then I mentioned to him that the gentiles LOVE Abe's... that I always chuckle to myself whenever a priest comes in to eat (and most of the time, there's at least one priest there). Everyone at Abe's LOVES my little guy. He flirts with the waitresses and other patrons, smiles big smiles for the owners, and makes friends with whoever talks to him (like, the priest who came in and struck up a conversation with him today, for instance). After breakfast, we all came back to the house... Jude settled in for some milk and a nap, and Pop settled in for some tv watching. At the moment, Jude's still sleeping, and Pop is still watching tv. When Jude gets up, we're going to go to my grandfather's house and from there we're going to walk to my great aunt and great uncle's house to visit. They haven't met Jude yet... I'm sure they'll be excited to see him.

Later today we're getting together with my friend Michelle. I'm thinking we'll go to Nay Aug to hang out for a bit and maybe come back to the house for some food. Jude and I are also planning to stop by our friend Fred's house for his going away party. It looks like it's going to be a busy day!

Josh comes home tomorrow morning, and I am so, so grateful for that. I miss him terribly, and Jude does too. I really dislike sleeping without him (though having Jude snuggled up next to me helps), and I miss talking to him and hugging him and kissing him. Only 22 hours and 39 minutes to go! Woo hoo!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: