Friday, November 03, 2006

My turn to update

Well, today marks 12 weeks of our big journey! I’m excited to be moving away from the first trimester. After we hear baby’s heartbeat, I’ll be even more excited (and relaxed!).

So, like Josh said, we met with a midwife named Shelley Rosenberg on Wednesday afternoon. I think she’s fabulous. We seem to be on the same wavelength, and she assures me that Mercy doesn’t have a lot of procedures it does across the board for every mother (for example, not every mother needs to have an IV). I am a bit disappointed that she isn’t on-call anymore. Because of this fact, I think I’m going to have to really consider hiring a doula. Hopefully Josh will get on board with that! (Thanks for posting the picture, Grumpy!)

I’ve been feeling pretty so/so. By the time evening rolls around, I’m pretty well spent… even if I did get to bed at 9:30 the night before. I get really nauseous if I allow myself to get tired, so now I’ve resigned myself to going to bed at 8:30 PM, if that’s what my body is telling me I need to do. We’re supposed to be going to a movie tonight… I don’t think I’m going to make it!

In short order, I’m looking forward to getting some of my energy back and to leaving my nausea behind. I’m really excited to hear my baby’s heartbeat and really excited to have found someone like Shelley to care for us during this time in our lives. My belly seems to be getting bigger, and though I blame it on not having run in more than a month, all of the other mothers I know tell me that it really is the beginning of a pregnant belly. Oh well…I knew I would never get into a bikini again anyway.

No comments: