Friday, March 30, 2007

What Not to Wear, Mooses, and Cake

Even though it doesn’t have *much* to do with my pregnancy, I feel compelled to relay this story to my (our) faithful readers.

I’m only work a half day today. Because of my shortened work schedule, I thought it would be nice to wear a comfy pair of sweat pants and a comfy tee-shirt. So I did.

During our 10 o’clock break, I was sitting at my desk, reading some baby boards, and I heard my boss talking with one of my coworkers… my boss was introducing my coworker to our new BIG BOSS MAN. This wasn’t a short conversation, either… not just a “Nice to meet you” kind of thing. They talked… for at least three or four full minutes. *sigh* I hoped, no, I *prayed* that I would get skipped over…But alas, after talking to my neighbor, my boss brought the BIG BOSS MAN over to meet me. I stood up, shook his hand, and tried not to look pathetic in my “bumming around the house” outfit. *double sigh*

On to more pregnanty things.

About two years ago, one of my best friends, Lauren, send me the awesomest tee-shirt from Maine. It’s a green and white baseball style tee that says Maine Mooses on it. I LOVE this shirt. Every time I visit Lauren in Maine, I tell her that I want to see mooses. She said that she saw this shirt in a shop window and thought of me. Sadly, the store only had the display shirt left, and it was a size XL. So, while I happily accepted the gift, I felt only a bit of resentment that it would be my husband, not me, wearing the shirt.

That all changed today.

Woo hoo for being pregnant! That darn shirt finally fits. I’m stoaked. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a pic of me in all my moose glory sometime later this afternoon.

And finally, I have a confession to make: By 10:45am today, I had already eaten a piece of leftover cake. *hides under desk*

No comments: